Weekly Shabbat Service
20 May @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pmCOVID-19 Update: The Temple Emanuel Board of Trustees voted on Thursday, March 10, 2022 to lift the mask requirement for entry into our building. Those wishing to wear a mask are most welcome to continue to do so. We request that anyone who is not feeling well please refrain from entering our building so that we can safeguard the well-being of our entire congregation and community. Worship is a central part of community life at Temple Emanuel. Our services are lively, musical, and engaging.
Friday Night Services Temple Emanuel holds Shabbat evening services every Friday night at 6:00 p.m. Shabbat evening services times may vary due to special events or holidays, check the Temple Calendar for service times. What to expect during the service
- Most services are held in our sanctuary, however, services are sometimes held outdoors in the Padnos Family Courtyard when weather permits.
- We use the prayer book, Mishkan T'filah, which are available as you walk into the sanctuary. Some of our service is in Hebrew. All prayers are transliterated and translated in our prayer books.
- If we are having a family service that uses our family prayer books, they will be available as you enter the sanctuary.
- Kippah, for men and women, are available for use during services. Wearing a kippah is a personal choice, and is not required to participate in services.
- Services last about an hour and involve songs, prayers, and poetry. There is the occasional standing as well.
- Our rabbi is fantastic at letting people know about the parts of the service, when to stand, and what page we are on!
- We have coloring trays and crayons for kids.